When I was a young man I used to listen to KMET 94.7 FM in Los Angeles. On Sunday nights the rock station had a show called Dr. Demento which played parodies, and all around silly songs. It was listening to the Dr. Demento show that I was introduced to the stylings of Weird Al Yankovic.
During that same time period I was a big Queen fan, and of course I loved their Night at the Opera tune: Bohemian Rhapsody.
Yesterday, on the "Ten at Ten" segment on The Sound 100.3 LA (http://thesoundla.com/) they were following up songs with their covers, as they have been all week. It was yesterday that I got the pleasure of hearing once again Bohemian Polka.
Below is Queen's version, and Weird Al's zany cover.
I was laughing so hard I was crying.
3 comments:
Dr. Demento! One of my all time favorites! I think there are even albums available with pieces of his show1
Wow! Such an amazing and helpful post this is.
I’m going to read this. I’ll be sure to come back.
Post a Comment