Tuesday, August 07, 2012

Gymnast Gabby Douglas and the Monkey Commercial

By Douglas V. Gibbs

I wasn't going to write about Gabby Douglas and the Monkey commercial because it is such a stupid happening. The uproar, the embarrassment, and the apology all reveals the racist tendencies of the liberal left. I already know that the liberal left democrats are a bunch of racists, so I saw no need to address this issue.

The comments by the liberals in my life over the incident, however, begs for my response.

When I first saw the situation where Bob Costas followed up a Gabby Douglas performance with some words of encouragement to young black girls aspiring to be gymnasts, and then NBC put on a commercial for a new television show on their network with a monkey on some gymnastics rings, I thought to myself: "How exciting that an American gymnast is doing so well. That monkey looks like the one used by the Angels for their 'rally monkey' time. Hmmm, that show does not look appealing to me."

No thought about any connection between the fact that Gabby is black, or the monkey, ever crossed my mind. I just don't think that way. Perhaps spending some of my growing up years in North Long Beach attributes to that. I don't know.

It wasn't until the liberals made such a big deal about it I realized the supposed connection.

In the past racists have made comparisons of primates to blacks, so immediately somebody either felt guilty, or got offended, and the stink rose up.

But isn't it racist to see such a connection in the first place, even if the person feigns embarrassment or disgust over the whole situation? Wouldn't someone that has race on their mind see such a connection in the first place?

The media has also been making such a big deal also of the historic performance of Gabby... because she's black.

Who cares if she is black? I don't mean that in a demeaning way, but that color really shouldn't be an issue. She's an American, and I am proud that a young American woman has done so well in the Olympics. Her skin color didn't even register, and it shouldn't.

Okay, there is no such thing as color blind. If I see a black person, for example, walking down the street, I realize they are black. But it doesn't matter to me. I see people. Americans. Not groups.

I am only prejudiced against jerks and idiots.

Shame on all of those people making a big deal over this monkey commercial thing. It was unintended. It was not meant to be racist. Therefore, it was not racist.

End of story.

Oh, and congratulations to Gabby Douglas for being able to represent her country in the Olympics - as an American.

-- Political Pistachio Conservative News and Commentary

No comments: