Friday, August 31, 2012

Using Political Correctness to Kill The First Amendment

By Douglas V. Gibbs

I don't get offended. I refuse to allow someone else to have that kind of power over my emotions. Unfortunately, and usually for the purpose of an agenda, there are those that cry anytime someone says something that could be considered, based on their warped definitions, as being offensive. Usually, racism is the number one explanation for the offensive nature of whatever was said. Of course, anything said in a manner that would be considered offensive about Christianity, conservatism, or related groups is not considered as being offensive at all. The offender is then called bold, courageous, or provocative.

This is how political correctness has become a tool for the liberal left to quell the First Amendment. Leftism could never outlaw free speech in a blatant manner, so they use the back door methods available to them.

I remember a few months ago a liberal commented that by connecting Obama to "Chicago Politics" I was acting racist. Now, MSNBC has determined that not only using the word "Chicago," especially in relation to Obama, is racist, but also the word "Golf" is racist.

Of course racism has nothing to do with it, but the liberals have learned that republicans with no spine are so afraid of being called racist (because for some reason they want the liberals to like them, or something), that they can pretty much accuse these people of being racist in relation to anything, no matter any lack of connection to racism; and the GOP zombie-bots will clam up, shut up, and tell each other that they can't say whatever it was they were saying anymore.

It is a way for the Left to shut up their opposition.

Conservatives, however, are a different breed. We recognize the idiocy of the left's techniques, and I really don't care what these people think of me. In fact, if I am encouraging attacks by the liberal left, and they are writing some pretty messed up stuff about me, I consider it a sign that I am succeeding.

That's why I kind of miss liberal Tom, because he used to call me names everyday on his blog, and post incendiary comments, daily, on my site. It was like receiving badges of honor all day long. Pissing off a liberal left loon like Tom was validation that I am on the right track.

There are still a few liberals that comment on this site, and I rarely approve their comments, but none of them insult me with the true insanity of Tom.

The racism accusation regarding Chicago, by the way, is because there are a lot of black people in Chicago. Therefore, connecting Obama to Chicago is racist.

Really?

Is Obama not black, or at least half black?

Could Hawaii also be racist, since it is white, Polynesian, and Japanese - and Obama isn't?

The golf one is because Tiger Woods is half black, too, so saying "golf" in relation to Obama, they say, is an obvious connection to Tiger. Which somehow makes the word racist.

God, these people are idiots.

You see, the liberal left, guilty of their own racism, are trying to convince everyone they are not by projecting it out to everyone else. They want to convince you that they are "color-blind." Besides, the race card is the quickest way to disarm the opposition.

In all honesty, I am not color-blind as it refers to skin color. When I am walking down the street and I see someone who is black, or Hispanic, or Asian, or whatever, I recognize them for being who they are. I see a black person, or whoever, walking towards me.

So what? We are different, unique, and individuals. I see black, I see brown, I see Asian, and et cetera. That is reality, and to pretend I am color-blind would be idiotic, and would be to deny the uniqueness of the people in our society. But, though I see black, or whatever, in all honesty, on first look, I really don't care. People are people.

Now, if a person of color wants to act like a stereotype, they will receive no positive attention from me. . . not because they are acting out what they consider to be their culture, or whatever, but because I see that stuff as being a cry for attention. I don't want to be around people whose pants hang damn near to their knees, or have tattoos from head to toe for the sake of being inked, or speak a dialect that is beyond comprehension. I want to be around Americans who are happy with themselves, and don't have to act a certain way to get attention.

That's not racist. That's expecting people to not act like morons.

In truth, there is only two groups I am prejudice against: Idiots and Jerks.

Unfortunately for the liberal left, they are rife with them.

-- Political Pistachio Conservative News and Commentary




No comments: