Sunday, November 18, 2012

Catching Up

By Douglas V. Gibbs

For those of you that have been regular visitors to Political Pistachio, you know that I am usually a machine when it comes to getting posts out. Unfortunately, for the last few weeks, with work pulling me out of bed around 2:30 and 3:00 AM, and me getting in around 7:00 (and often later), and the advent of my good friend Rich passing away a week ago, my time has been short, and my writing has been sparse.  With all of that behind me, however, I am thinking, beginning this week, that the hard-hitting commentary, and the Constitutional writings, that I normally pump out daily, will resume its normal course.

I appreciate those of you that are regular readers, followers, and listeners to the radio programs.  I also thank you for the messages of condolences I have received from those of you praying for me as I process the death of my buddy, Richard.  Thank you.

The funeral will be the week after next, and he is going to be cremated.  Rich's friends, including myself, are the ones doing all of the running around on this, for Rich didn't have much family, and what family is available are unable to take on the tasks.

Friday night I organized a gathering of friends in memory of Richard, and we had a great time. We threw some steaks, burgers, and dogs on the grill, I made cheese potatoes, salsa and dip, and we ate the night away as we recounted a number of tales about our friendships with Rich.  It was a great time, and a fantastic opportunity for closure.

Now, it is time to write.

Again, thanks.

Blessings,

Doug
Constitution Radio
Political Pistachio

No comments: