Friday, March 14, 2014

Joe Scarborough: "I Don't Close the Door" To 2016 Presidential Run

by JASmius

Why not?


"I don't close the door to anything,” Joe Scarborough, star of MSNBC’s “Morning Joe,” told Newsmax TV’s “The Steve Malzberg Show.” The former Florida congressman says he is considering running again for office, adding that people have asked him to even run for president. “I have said for some time I was going to get back into public service," Scarborough said. "I love what I'm doing right now, but I absolutely loved being a member of Congress.”





I repeat, why not close the door on a 2016 presidential run?  First of all, anybody intending to run for president doesn't describe the prospect in such superlative negatives.  Second of all, if Scarborough were seriously contemplating tilting at the White House windmill, he wouldn't be waxing nostalgic about his days in the Gingrich Congress.

Of course, the "why not?" question does have an answer: he wants to keep all his fundraising sources panting and on the hook.  He chases them away, and he's going nowhere except back to MSNBCCCP, which ought to be a harrowing prospect even for a RINO.

The only good reason I can think of for a Joe Scarborough presidential bid is that it might be an ankle weight to Chris Christie on the "establishment" side of the GOP primary ledger.  Hey, if the Big Man is going to steamroll his way to the nomination, why not have to make him sweat - or, I guess, sweat even more - for it?

No comments: