Monday, May 19, 2014

Burger Alert: Nationwide Recall Of Almost A Kiloton Of Beef

by JASmius

Nooooooooooooooo.....!

Dr. Richard Besser on what makes this contaminated beef so dangerous.



Not to go conspiracist on your hind-ends, but this sure gibes with Michelle Obama's health Nazism, doesn't it?

Incidentally, this past Saturday I ordered a medium double chili cheeseburger at Red Robin in Wenatchee, Washington, refrigerated the doggy bag, brought it home with me today without a cooler, and ate the remainder as a late lunch, and did not suffer any ill-effects.  I don't know how widespread Wolverine Packing Company's distribution is, but I'm guessing it doesn't include the Pacific Northwest.

Nonetheless, I've got no problem ordering my burgers well-burnt, even if that doesn't do anything positive for my digestion.  Perhaps "better safe than sorry," but let's not get fearmongered into swearing off red meat for tofu and bean sprouts, and wind up like the Los Angeles-ized friend of Ron White who claimed that he wasn't feeling well because the vegan soup he'd just consumed "must have had some beef broth in it".  "Let me get this straight: your system is kicking back....broth?"

Yes!  It!  Is!  And by Executive decree, too.

Always did want to be a rebel.

No comments: