Thursday, April 02, 2015

Harry Reid's Revenge

by JASmius



I'll tell you what, the mouthy old bastard knows how to have fun, which only comes at his enemies' expense:

Now that Harry Reid is retiring, he’s letting his mouth run wild.

Because he's been the exemplar of rhetorical discretion up to now.

The Senate Minority Leader, who announced last week that he will not seek re-election in 2016, gave a wide-ranging interview to CNN during which he discussed [Barack] Obama, Hillary Clinton and the Republican contenders for president in 2016.

Amazingly, it wasn't only Democrats of whom Reid spoke highly. He also had quite nice things to say about GOP senators with whom he works who are slated to run for president in 2016.

“I like that guy,” Reid said of Kentucky Senator Rand Paul, who has been giving the Senate Minority Leader advice on his eye injury. “He is so nice.”

What'd Rand ever do to him?

“Ted Cruz and I disagree on virtually everything,” Reid expanded when asked about the Texas senator, who has officially announced his presidential bid. “On a personal basis, he has been very nice to me. I don’t think he stands much of a chance, but I admire his tenacity for thinking he does.”

Holy crap, Harry (G)Reid and I agree on something.  Although....Ted Cruz has been "very nice" to Senator Pencil Neck?  Geez, even he's going RINO.

He also labeled South Carolina Senator Lindsey Graham a “super good guy,” adding, “Whenever I need to know what’s going on with Republicans, call Lindsey.”

What does Lindsey Grahamesty have to do with the Republicans?

And then there's his interesting take on Jeb Bush:

His dad was wonderful. I thought that his brother [was] the worst president that we’ve ever had,” Reid explained. “I think he doesn’t know who he is and of all of the candidates we’ve mentioned, I hope he loses.



Kind words for Rand Paul and Ted Cruz (sort of), harsh words for Jeb Bush....could there be some attempted reverse psychology going on here?  I'd like to think that its naked transparency would be obvious to the GOP nominating electorate, but we are The Stupid Party, after all, both "establishment" and Tea Party.

Thank God he didn't mention Scott Walker.

No comments: