Sunday, October 09, 2016

Nice Thing About Down and Out

By Douglas V. Gibbs
AuthorSpeakerInstructorRadio Host

I've been down and out for nearly a week.  For my regular readers, I apologize.  After a very important trip to Sacramento for a press conference, of which I will discuss more greatly in a future post, past injuries put me into a position of essentially being bed-ridden since then until now.  I am just now getting back to a somewhat normal routine (with certain limitations, still).

The nice thing about it all has been that I have been able to go into "observation mode."

As political animals we are often so busy reacting to the world of politics that we forget to take a deep breath, and just take a view of the wide world . . . which also helps us notice the obvious.

Context is everything, and nothing.  Lies have become truth, and truth has become lies.  Conventional wisdom is based on failed ideas, and deceptive concepts.  The insane are truly running the asylum.

In my house three of my seven grandchildren live with us.  Children are honest, say things as they see it, and are quite astute when it comes to understanding the things around them.  While watching the debate tonight, my five-year-old granddaughter asked me why Hillary Clinton often looked like she wanted to laugh whenever Trump was talking.  I told her she was trying make people think, as he was talking, that he didn't know what he was talking about.

"That's kind of like lying, isn't it, Grandpa?"

"That's exactly what it's like," I replied.

Trump did okay.  Better than the last debate.  Nobody was an outright winner, though.

As for my own situation, one thing is for sure, I have been getting plenty of rest. . . and for what normally ails me, getting some much needed rest is a huge thing.  But, now that I've been observing, resting, and thinking. . . it's time to fire with both barrels.

-- Political Pistachio Conservative News and Commentary

No comments: