Friday, March 31, 2017

Prayer Blanket

By Douglas V. Gibbs
AuthorSpeakerInstructorRadio Host

Five or six years ago a group of seniors in high school attended my constitution class in Temecula.  The kids went on to go to college, or wherever their paths led them, and after all this time I have stayed in touch with them.  One of them, the girl of the group, is ready to pursue her master's degree.  She has also been the one of the group to visit me the most often.  Tonight, after my Temecula Constitution Class, Cassie, and Nathan, spent some time with me eating and conversing, and when it was time to go home she gave me a gift.  The gift is two prayer blankets.  A large one and a small one.  On them are small pieces of fabric tied on along the edge.  Each of those tie-ons represent prayers said for me by various people.  While I really have no words that can fully describe my appreciation, I must say that I am humbled by the gesture.  Just the fact that I've had a positive impact on these people's lives means the world to me.  The fact that the appreciation for that impact has come back to me in the form of a prayer blanket is absolutely humbling.  Thank you, Cassie.  It's among the best gifts I have ever received.

-- Political Pistachio Conservative News and Commentary

No comments: