Wednesday, August 22, 2018

EBT: Food Stamps and Auto Flush Technology


By Douglas V. Gibbs
Author, Speaker, Instructor, Radio Host

The image you see at the top of this post is one that I snapped at a food mart in Ukiah, California while I was getting gas.

Notice that the clarifying statement at the bottom of the sheet of paper designed to help folks understand that EBT is food stamps was added by pen later, after the sign was printed.  This tells me that someone tried to use their EBT card, and when they were told the system was down and the employee pointed at the sign, the person with the welfare item in their hand said something like, "But, I have food stamps."

The response was "EBT is food stamps."

"Oh."

Remember Bill Engvall's comedy act where he talked about stupid people?  Engvall said that the problem with stupid people is that we don't know who they are.  If they had some kind of sign around their neck we'd know that they were stupid, and we wouldn't ask them anything.

After that conversation at the food mart, it would have been nice if the employee could have then pulled one out of his pocket an "I'm stupid" sign and handed it to the stupid person on the other side of the counter, as he said, "Here's your sign."

Understand something, people. These people vote.  They are too stupid to realize that EBT is food stamps, even though EBT is probably all over the paperwork they signed, all over the card in their hand, and all over the walls in the social services office they went to in order to secure their seat at the welfare table.

Also, remember that the Democrats say these people (poverty dwelling democrat voters) are too stupid to figure out how to get an ID to vote, and therefore Voter ID laws are considered to be some kind of a suppression of the vote.

If these people can't figure out that EBT means food stamps, and can't figure out how to get an ID, I have to ask . . . Do we really want these people voting?

The Democrats do, because anyone with half a brain votes Republican.

The stupidity doesn't only infest the bottom-feeding poverty dwelling democrat voters, either.  The millennials have been sucked into the pit of stupidity, too.

We stopped at a rest stop somewhere south of Santa Nella on the way back from our trip, and I was brushing my teeth at the little metal sink when, after using the toilet, a millennial approached the sink next to me to wash his hands.

I watched as the guy put his hands under the faucet, and then waited for the water to come on.  He did it a few times, confused as to why the sensor wasn't picking up his hand movement under the faucet.  Then, I pushed the button on the wall next to mine to run the water, cleaned off my toothbrush, and hand-cupped some water into my mouth.  He looked momentarily at me in a dumb manner, as if he was trying to figure out the process.  Then, he pushed the button on his little sink.

After I was finished brushing my teeth, I went into a bathroom stall to change my clothes.  I glanced over at the toilet, and around the button on the wall to flush the toilet there was a small sign that read, "push button to flush".

I wondered what initiated the realization that the sign to push the button to flush the toilet was needed. Then I remembered the kid at the sink, and how he was confused that the faucet did not turn on automatically based upon his presence.  Had people been thinking the toilet was an automatic flushing toilet could not figure out how to get it flush when it didn't flush automatically?

Here's your sign.

-- Political Pistachio Conservative News and Commentary

No comments: