Sunday, October 10, 2021

Church Meetings and Christian Duties

Douglas V. Gibbs
Author, Speaker, Instructor, Radio Host

This week I had the wonderful opportunity to speak to two churches; Dwelling Place City Church in Hemet, California and the Vineyard Church in Fallbrook, California.  I gave my testimony, which includes my journey from a near-fatal head injury to where I am now, and how my marriage, which was rocky in the beginning, grew with me and put me now in a position where I have a strong 37-year marriage and a ministry that includes teaching the Constitution.

Both church events were fantastic, with a wonderful audience, but I wanted to share a few highlights...

  • In today's topsy-turvy world we face a giant adversary, but we belong to Christ...Goliath hath no power over us.
  • When questioned about the Second Amendment I am reminded that Peter concealed-carried a blade when he was with Christ, and Jesus encouraged his disciples to do so.  When our Lord was arrested just prior to the crucifixion we are reminded that when Peter pulled out his knife and cut off a guard's ear with it, Jesus did not scold him for concealed-carrying, but told Peter to return the knife to its concealed place on his body for the moment to use it was not upon them at the moment.  If concealed carry is good enough for Jesus and Peter, it's good enough for me.
  • I am asked by Christians about civil disobedience often.  I remind them that Jesus was involved in standing against the political elite of the day.  It was civil disobedience when he overturned the money-changer's tables, and it was civil disobedience that led ultimately to His death on the Cross.  Jesus was involved in politics, and still is.  So should we be, and if civil disobedience is necessary to move our government back to its godly foundations, then we must do so.  The Declaration of Independence says that to "alter or abolish" our government if it becomes despotic is not only our right, it is our duty.
  • God's law comes before man's law, so if the government passes laws or edicts that demands we violate our Faith, we do not have to comply.  While it is expected of us as believers to be law-abiders, it is not for us to follow illegal ungodly laws.
-- Political Pistachio Conservative News and Commentary

No comments: