Monday, May 23, 2022

My Family Has Been Sick, I Got Over It in 2 Days

💪

by Douglas V. Gibbs
Author, Speaker, Instructor, Radio Host

Why are the members of my family (wife, son, three grandchildren) sick now for over a week with a respiratory illness but I was over it in two days, and I am now fully functioning again?

Differences:

They wear masks often, I never have.

They have adopted the ritualistic overwashing of hands, I wash as needed (after toilet, prior to handling food, etc.).

They take no supplements.  I take supplements including B12, Magnesium, D3, Cinnamon, Ginger Root, Zinc, Vitamin C, Vitamin A, and Apple Cider Vinegar daily (and doubled D3, C, and Zinc when I began to have symptoms). 

They have specific places they go, only.  I mix up my interactions with people daily, doing more than going to a workplace or school, and then holing up in the house, as do my family members.  I am the one who goes to the grocery store, I teach six classes in four counties, I am the one who goes to the credit union, meets with people at restaurants and political events, and I am the one who shakes hands with various people.

The first and last on the list reveals that I allow my immune system to engage in constant combat.  It is put out there and I expose myself to various things due to the nature of my interactions with other people and the public in general.  Immune systems become stronger in combat, and weak when not used because of one locking down, refusing to interact, and hiding behind masks.

Just my opinion, of course, but I think the fact that I operate in a different way than the rest of my family contributed to me healthy response to the illness that has it our household.

-- Political Pistachio Conservative News and Commentary

No comments: