Saturday, January 14, 2023

Keeping things in Context

by Douglas V. Gibbs
Author, Speaker, Instructor, Radio Host

One of the skills I possess that my students appreciate is ensuring that anything I talk about is accompanied by full context.  I suppose for me it's an Animals kind of thing... "Oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood."  So, I discuss the history around the constitutional article I am discussing, what the Founding Fathers originally meant, what the Hamiltonian courts have morphed it into being over history and in today's political arena, and why those things happened.  

The Far Left Commie Progressive Democrats and their Establishment Republican allies have become very good at shutting down dissent before it starts to bubble to the surface.  Context breeds understanding, critical thinking, and individual thought.  If allowed to fester these things could kill their political gravy train before it got out of the station.

Reality can be warped very easily.  Sometimes, to truly know what is going on, what is on the surface may not be enough information.  The progressive left Democrats, and friends, operate on what they are told, and what they see on the surface.  Climate Change exists because of huge carbon footprints created by human beings, even though historically the increase and decrease of global temperatures have been a natural phenomenon that is more due to the sun and its solar cycles than that of the operations of anything on Earth.  And, even if what is happening on Earth is influential, our contribution is but a speck compared to things like sea spray and volcanoes.  

They say boys can be girls and girls can be boys, and people believe them, even though biology says differently.

They say babies aren't babies while they are still in the womb even though science has proven that their DNA is set at conception, they feel pain within weeks and their heart begins beating at 21 days and can be detected at six weeks.  

They say inflation is caused by...well, they don't know what causes it, but economics reveals a lack of value in the monetary system and over-issuance of money along with massive borrowing and federal spending are among the culprits.

Context, in each of those situations, is important.

A lesson in context happened the other day for me.  A visitor to my house overheard me telling my dogs, "Here's a whole taco for each of you."  A couple hours later I said, "Here's your hot dogs."  Later on I told them they won't get their steaks until much later.  Finally, I heard a knock on my door.

"What is wrong with you?" the visitor asked.  "Canine obesity is a huge problem in this country.  And it is especially dangerous to feed your dogs 'people food.'  You should only be giving them food made for dogs."

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

"You gave your dogs, since I've been here, tacos and hot dogs, and promised them a steak each, later.  It's too much, especially for your small breeds."

Then, I provided her with context:


-- Political Pistachio Conservative News and Commenary


No comments: