Sunday, March 19, 2023

Exculpatory Evidence

By Douglas V. Gibbs
Author, Speaker, Instructor, Radio Host

Exculpatory Evidence is evidence that supports a defendant's innocence.  In the American Legal System it is required that all evidence be made available in the court of law.  In the Sixth Amendment of the U.S. Constitution the rights of a person to "be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor" are all enumerated in the founding document, which is The Supreme Law of the Land (Article VI.).  That includes all evidence.  It is a crime to hide evidence, or disallow it from being made available when it is pertinent and directly connected.

Exculpatory Evidence, according to the modern legal industry, can include proof of an alibi, an eyewitness statement, video footage, audio recordings or any other physical evidence that shows doubt that the person or persons in question committed the crime.

Unfortunately, tyrants and those who seek to control certain situations or narratives have this incredible ability to either diminish the visibility of Exculpatory Evidence or ensure it is completely hidden all together.

As a result of the actions of those who seek to hide or diminish the availability of Exculpatory Evidence the general public or certain figures watching what is going on remain unaware that Exculpatory Evidence exists in the first place.  Without being exposed to Exculpatory Evidence we, for some reason, easily decide it must not exist; and when presented with arguments that such evidence does indeed exist, we have this strange tendency to jump to conclusions that anyone who argues such must be a "hater," a "denier," and that those people screaming there's more to the issue than what we are being shown must be silenced or censored for daring to challenge the accepted narrative which is based on the evidence presented.  As a society we fall for the madness of assuming we know the truth based on limited information, rejecting the possibility there might be more to the issue than what is being revealed.  We should know better.  I am a firm believer that everyone realizes that what we see does not always reveal the full story.  Have we not spent our whole lives maintaining a certain level of distrust for government and large corporations, especially when they collude together against us?

Years ago I was injured on the job, but despite my complaints the doctors kept advising all I had was "bumps and bruises," and that I was fine to continue to work.  I pushed the issue, and wound up with a worker's compensation case, which included investigators following me around, video recording my every move, and then cherry-picking what was presented to those involved in the case.  Despite me finding a doctor that, after a full work-up including MRIs, declared that I was having serious issues and my ability to perform the tasks my job required was impaired by my injuries, the "other side" treated me as if I was a criminal, they played games including accusations of insurance fraud, and a letter to the radio station I have a show on that I was guilty of insurance fraud and that they should drop me as a broadcaster, and ultimately I lost the case because of what was presented without me being given the opportunity to provide Exculpatory Evidence.  When I tried to explain there was more to it than what the eye could see, I was admonished for not answering questions directly, and silenced on the stand.  Since then I lost all of my medical care, I lost my job, and due to those issues I have not had a day-job since.  We have been living on my wife's income after I worked for thirty years as the primary bread-winner.  Now, I am a constitutionalist fulltime.  While I do perform my constitution duties quite well, I perform my tasks most of the time under great duress.  Most folks don't know simply because I have become very skilled at hiding how I physically feel.

I don't tell the story I just told you for sympathy, I want none of that.  I bear and grin it, well knowing that when someone asks you how you are doing, they expect, "Fine, how about you?"  Nobody likes being around the person who, after being asked how they feel, goes through a long list of infirmaries, aches, and pains.  I do what I do, and I do it because it is important to me regardless of how I may "feel."  I told the story above not for any reason other than to show how throughout our legal system the presence of Exculpatory Evidence is often minimal, and the tyrants are particularly skilled at ensuring that it never makes it up to eye-level, be it a worker's comp case, or a congressional investigative hearing.  

Most of you reading this have probably figured out that the primary issue I am addressing is January 6, 2021.  The progressive left commies of the Democrat Party call it the "Capitol Riot," or the "Capitol Insurrection."  Like the lawyers and employer that decided I must be crushed in my worker's comp case, they have used deceptions and a presentation of only a small part of the evidence to establish a narrative that they want.  The truth, the deep down nitty-gritty, doesn't matter to the people pushing the anti-liberty narrative.  They know that perception is everything.  All the public needs to see, from their point of view, is just a part of what happened, and if it is done skillfully enough, that small part of the whole, with the Exculpatory Evidence absent, becomes the truth.  

How often has the Democrats lied, cheated and deceived to convince Americans of a certain narrative?  Even good, conservative, Christian Republicans fall for it.  That is how effective they are.  I can't count how many people in my life I have lost contact with because they refuse to talk to me because I disagree with the commonly accepted narrative that the enemies of liberty and the enemies of the Constitution have put out there for everyone to see.  I support Donald J. Trump, I knew the pandemic was being used for nefarious reasons the moment it shot through the chute, I didn't wear a worthless mask, I did not let them jab me with their poison, and I knew that January 6 was the modern Democrat Party's version of the NAZI Reichstag Fire on day one.  They have manipulated elections, they have manipulated the message being told to us by the press, and they have manipulated the minds of Americans through education, entertainment, news coverage, censorship and particular messaging in social media.  And like my former boss, Americans have jumped all over a guilty verdict, despite what the truth might really be.  They have come to these conclusions based on data they have not been exposed to, because of what they thought they saw based on what they were allowed to see by people who want nothing less than to control the entire narrative through less-than-honest means.

Sometimes, truth is not self-evident when we allow the enemy to cloud the screen, shape the view, and disallow all of the evidence to be seen and known.

Now, surveillance footage from January 6 that challenges the official narrative has been shown, largely thanks to the Republican Party gaining control of the House of Representatives, and that group of Republicans delivering Exculpatory Evidence regarding January 6 to Tucker Carlson.  The reaction?

Chuck Schumer has since called for a violation of the First Amendment in order to try to silence Tucker Carlson for daring to reveal that there's more to the January 6 Insurrection story than meets the eye.

-- Political Pistachio Conservative News and Commentary

1 comment:

Dr Derek King, DC said...

You need one of My treatments!!