Monday, April 10, 2023

Independence Hall, Constitution Association Field Trip at Knott's Berry Farm

Important for you to read if you requested to attend the field trip, or you want to go and realize you did not request to be a part of the event...

Tuesday, April 11, 2023 a field trip has been planned for Independence Hall at Knott's Berry Farm. The building is a replica of the place where the Declaration of Independence and Constitution were debated, and hosts a tour that includes the grounds, the building, information about the replica of the Liberty Bell on the premises, and provides presentations in the delegation room by Benjamin Franklin and Abigail Adams. Last time I felt the need to correct Dr. Franklin three times. We'll see how this one fares. Also, in the gift shop area, there is a replica of the Declaration of Independence. I plan to show you where on that document there is a spelling error, and why it is there. You'll want to join us for that, and more!


We will be meeting between 9:00 am and 9:30 am at Independence Hall in Buena Park where I will distribute the tickets to those who let me know they wanted to go, and if you are not on the list but I have tickets remaining, we'll add you too. Collection of funds will also take place at that time if you have not already paid for your tickets. There are two types of tickets, $46 includes both the tour and park entry, and $20 is just for the tour. I have about twenty of each based on your requests.


As a note for those who wanted to go but did not let me know, six people have indicated they will not be able to attend, which means I have extra tickets. If you want to go contact me by text if you have my phone number, or email me at constitutionspeaker@yahoo.com ....


After the tour I have a reservation for 35 people at Mrs. Knott's Chicken Restaurant, you are welcome to join us for lunch, as well. The price of the ticket I will be distributing Tuesday Morning does not include the price of parking or lunch at the restaurant (in other words, you need to cover the cost of your lunch). For those who, after lunch, want to join my wife and I walking around the park and perhaps partaking in some of the attractions, you are welcome to join us.


Details:


Independence Hall, Knott's Berry Farm

8039 Beach Blvd., Buena Park, CA


  • Arrive between 9:00 am and 9:30 am to get your ticket and meet with the group.
  • Tour is 10:00 am to Noon.
  • Lunch is at 12:30 pm at Mrs. Knotts Chicken Restaurant at the park across the way from Independence Hall.
  • After lunch join us for enjoying the amusement park, park closes at 6:00 pm.


If you wish to join us but did not previously let me know about getting a ticket, or you're not sure you are on the list, email me: constitutionspeaker@yahoo.com


Thank you, looking forward to seeing you tomorrow.


Douglas V. Gibbs

Donate to help cover costs to Constitution Association
Donate to Doug to support his ministry

No comments: