Saturday, December 30, 2006

The Death of a Tyrant: Saddam is Dead


At six o'clock in the morning, Baghdad time, Saddam Hussein was hung by the neck until dead. A fitting end to a remorseless dictator that through his regime killed, tortured, raped and terrorized his own people, and his neighbors, for over two decades. The ruthless tyrant had about 40 of his own relatives murdered, and so far 300,000 shallow mass graves of murdered Iraqis have been found.

In the 1980's he orchestrated chemical attacks against Kurdish villages, as well as against Iranians and his own Iraqi people.

In 1990 the Iraqi Regime invaded Kuwait, killing 1,000 Kuwaitis.

In 1991 his suppression of Kurdish and Shi'a uprisings resulted in the deaths of tens of thousands more, including the destruction of 2,000 Kurdish villages.

The end of the 69 year old leader has escalated the terror alert level.

Finally, Saddam Hussein gets to meet his seventy-two virgins, but I don't think they are exactly as he expected:



P.S. My operation was a success, but I am in a good deal of pain. Nonetheless, I just had to drag my carcass out of bed to write this post.

Justice has been served.

A cousin of mine told me when Zarqawi died that I shouldn't celebrate someone's death like that. How about Saddam? Darn straight, I am celebrating the death of this maniacal tyrant.

The world is much better off without him.

See a great video from Seven Stripes on my Political Pistachio Videos Blog.

7 comments:

TexasFred said...

The death of Saddam made the world a better place in which to live, at least for a while...

Obob said...

tyrants come and go, i like it when they go

Gunny John said...

Shame that we have convicted murderers rotting on death row for decades, and a struggling new government can "gitter dun" in less than 30 days.

Good riddance.

Bushwack said...

Echoing JJ's sentiments......


Why can't the most advanced country on earth find away to rid ourselves of the scum, as fast as the bassakwards folks in the middle east?

I hate the Muslim culture but they got this criminal handling right.

Anonymous said...

As a Christian, I wasn't sure what to say but until I had read this below from another Good Fellow Christian then is when I have realized that this Fellow Christian is correct.

I believe in the death penalty. I believe that the punishment should fit the crime. But, I find no joy in the death of any human being. And while Saddam was a brutal man who deserves the harshest punishment both here and in eternity, I still hold a little hope in my heart that he has made his peace with God and has received forgiveness.

You see, I also truly believe that God will forgive even someone that has committed such heinous crimes as Saddam Hussein. And while his punishment for his earthly crimes will be carried out shortly, Saddam’s eternity will soon be in the hands of our Father and only He can pass that sentence.

KC said...

Ding Dong The Witch is Dead!

Anonymous said...

So rider...do you think I qualify for heaven them?