Saturday, June 16, 2007

Happy Father's Day

My father was a stranger to me. My stepdad was always there for me.
My father was a poor example. My stepdad showed me what being a man is about.
My father spent his years lost. My stepdad stepped up and made sure I was taken care of.
My father saw me once or twice a year. My stepdad made sure I always felt loved.
My father spent a lot of time with a bottle of beer in his hand. My stepdad spent a lot of time with responsibility on his mind, devising ways to live up to his responsibilities.
My father was not too fond of children. My stepdad was.

My father failed to be a father, but lucky for me my stepdad was twice the father I could ever hope to be.

Happy Father's Day to those fathers out there that make sacrifices for their children, teach by example, and are present for their children.

Fathers are the unsung heroes. On the shoulders of strong fathers a strong nation has been built.

God Bless.

No comments: