Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Orly Taitz vs. Damon Dunn for California Secretary of State

By Douglas V. Gibbs

The opportunity to hear Damon Dunn speak arose for me a couple weeks ago when he was the scheduled speaker for the Murrieta-Temecula Republican Assembly meeting that I was attending. Damon is charismatic, has a no-nonsense message, and comes across as a positive force that is willing to go to work for the people, and remain responsive to the people. He explained what real problems faces the California Secretary of State that wins the upcoming election, and his solutions for addressing those difficulties. Listening to him speak was like taking a deep breath of fresh air, and I liked him from the get-go. Damon Dunn is running for California Secretary of State on the Republican ticket. The only other GOP candidate on the ballot for Secretary of State is Orly Taitz.

Damon Dunn's opponent, Orly Taitz, is best known as being the attorney who has made it her priority to bring to public view a number of legal questions regarding Barack Obama’s alleged illegitimate status as the President of the United States. As an attorney, she feels she is better suited for the Secretary of State position in California, but when I met with her last weekend at the "Defending the Constitution" event in Temecula, California, her primary campaign push was not what she could do for California, but her "evidence" that Damon Dunn is not who he says he is. Don't get me wrong, issues were discussed, but her primary focus was on her information regarding Damon Dunn.

Aside from Damon Dunn's inspiring story of making it to the NFL after a life of poverty, success as an entrepreneur, and now a candidate for a state office, according to Orly Taitz, Damon has many things he is hiding, like the fact he used to be a Democrat, and has tried to hide that fact - making him hardly a conservative, and hardly honest.

I first wrote about Orly's evidence, and my conversation with her, in my article "A Day with Constitutionalists."

Having read my article, someone who claims to be Damon Dunn's mother Emailed me from Florida in the hopes of setting the record straight for Damon. Following is the bulk of the Email I received from her:

As a South Florida conservative, I have no dog in the CA SOS race, but I was struck by this paragraph in your blog post:

"However, according to Orly Taitz' research, Damon Dunn was not only a registered Democrat in Florida before he came to California, but he actually sent a letter in the hopes of purging that record to cover up that history."

I've lived in Florida for almost 40 years, and my children were born here. When my son turned 18 in 1992, he registered as a Republican in Broward County. In 1999, he married and moved permanently to Texas, where he registered to vote as a Republican. He was told by the Texas registrar that his new registration and residency status would automatically void his Florida registration, and he also wrote to the supervisor of elections of Broward County to request that his name be removed from the voter roles. He had no purpose other than to ensure that no one else would illegally vote under his name in Florida -- a practice we know from various investigations, most definitely exists.

For two successive national elections, when my husband and I went to vote, we signed a register where my son's name was still listed. As it turns out, the firestorm ignited by the 2000 Presidential Florida recount has left Florida registrar's gunshy in purging voter roles. There have been many lawsuits since 2000 challenging even the most sensible purges. It wasn't until the 2008 election that we noted my son's name was no longer on the Broward County voter roles.

I see nothing underhanded or illegal about Damon Dunn's actions, particularly since he never voted in Florida after registering there in some ACORN-type push in 1999, nor did he vote anywhere else before he registered within the prescribed time as a Republican and voted in California in 2009. I would venture to say their are thousands, perhaps hundreds of thousands of names on Florida voter lists that are obsolete, i.e. the voter is dead, they moved out of state, or they haven't voted in many years. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that other CA candidates past or present who previously lived in Florida but haven't voted there in years are/were currently on the Florida lists. I don't consider Florida's straightjacketing by Democratic voter activists, and Dunn's attempt to remove his name, to be anything but a concern, such as my son's, that his name would not be used by another person to cast an illegal vote.

Regards,

J


Sounds like a fair explanation. I extend an invitation to Orly Taitz if she would like to submit a rebuttal. Kindly Email me at douglasvgibbs (at) yahoo.com.

-- Political Pistachio Conservative News and Commentary

Damon Dunn Secretary of State 2010

Dr. Orly Taitz Esq., CA Secretary of State 2010!

California Secretary of State 2010 List of Candidates

No comments: