Monday, January 10, 2011

There is Always Something to be Optimistic About

By Douglas V. Gibbs

Despite the political upheaval, a tragic shooting in Arizona, and a continuing economic nightmare, we have much to be thankful for.

Everyday is the beginning of a new day, filled with hope, promise, and opportunity.

Though I grumble when my alarm sounds at 3:30 in the morning, I am grateful that I can hear it.

Though I stumble to the bathroom to shower and brush my teeth, I am grateful that I can see it.

Though I am stressed over getting ready for work, I am grateful that I can feel it.

Though I am pressed for time as I make my lunch, I am grateful that I have food.

Even though my drive to work is dark and lonely, I am grateful I have a car.

Even though my drive on the job is long and lonely, I am grateful I have a job.

Though I am tired as I work my way home, I am grateful I arrive.

Though I am uninspired as I watch the news, I am grateful I live.

Though I must retire early for another 14 hour work day, I smile.

The cycle is beginning again, but I am thankful that I can.

Is the glass half empty, or half full? Or is it just way too small for all that I have to fill it with?

-- Political Pistachio Conservative News and Commentary

No comments: