Tuesday, November 19, 2013

The King Who Would Be Pawn?

by JASmius

And y'all think I'm a pessimist?  Looks like Norville Rose needs a pep talk from Mr. Gibbs.





I don't buy the "Obama as pawn" notion.  This is his show, his infernal vision; "wrenching, fundamental transformation" was his idea; he was groomed for the presidency his entire adult life and chose to run, striking while the iron was red-hot.  And he's forced that vision on the country as its ruler, whether through the Donk SuperCongress of 2009-10 or by Executive Decree since then.

But even if he was a pawn, the buck still stops on his desk.  As much as he loves to pretend that he's somehow an innocent bystander, an outsider observer to his own Regime, as Agent Lynch told Hannibal Smith in The A-Team movie, "That cake don't bake".  Which is why his job and personal approval numbers are in free-fall across all demographics and why the American people have tuned him out.

Still, Mr. Rose's instincts don't differ markedly from mine.  I still believe the American Republic died a year ago, and it's just a matter of when rigor mortis sets in.  It's the implosion of ObamaCare that gives me any hope at all that this calamity can be undone.  That's why I'm willing to see how everything plays out before I head for the hills.  To me, reflexive optimism is like Quint's fingernails on the chalkboard in Jaws, but if there's substantive reason for it, what the hell?  Unlike Captain Kirk, I don't need my pain.




No comments: