Tuesday, May 08, 2018

4.5 Earthquake Strikes Edge of Inland Empire California, Followed by Series of Aftershocks

By Douglas V. Gibbs
Author, Speaker, Instructor, Radio Host

Television news early reports at first called it a 4.6 Earthquake out of San Gorgonio Mountain.  Normally, I sleep through earthquakes, but this one got my wife and I out of bed here in Murrieta.

Cabazon, just east of Banning, rocked the greatest . . .

The USGS is saying at this moment that the 4:49 am earthquake was centered near Cabazon, registering at a 4.5 magnitude, with 2.6 and 3.2 magnitude aftershocks shortly following behind.

We felt a quick slam, not the usual rolling that tends to accompany earthquakes.

I am sure it will be the discussion of the morning during breakfast, since I am supposed to be at the Banning-Beaumont-Cherry Valley Tea Party breakfast meeting, as I am most Tuesday Mornings at about 8:00/8:30 am, at the Farm's House Restaurant at 6261 Joshua Palmer Way, Banning along the I-10 freeway just west of . . . you guessed it, Cabazon.

Early reports say there has been no damage caused by the quake.  Rattled nerves, interested residents, but nothing major.

-- Political Pistachio Conservative News and Commentary

No comments: